You can see tourism's return in the streets of NYC and data supports it, particularly on the business travel front.
- In the next 6 months, 84% of business travelers are planning to make at leas one conference, convention or trade show trip according to the U.S. Travel Association
- Last month's events volume skyrocketed 428% year over year, and 55% over the previous month
- Hyper growth mode: "The first three months of this year mark a decisive turnaround for corporate travel, based on statistics from a range of specialists"
- American Express Global Business Travel and TripActions report a business travel booking boom
NYC projects business travel will double to more than 9 million travelers this year. Weekend pedestrian traffic in Times Square has reached 94% of 2019 numbers as part of broad evidence of NYC recovery. The most recent occupancy numbers from HANYC covering April 2nd-9th are strong:
Allianz Partners has just released its summer travel projections and NYC has returned to the Top 10 of domestic destinations. As Daniel Durazo of Allianz Partners puts it, "‘Revenge travel’ is about to be taken to a whole new level."
City Guide is excited to announce Brittney Johnson, star of the hit Broadway musical Wicked, will emcee the Women In Tourism luncheon at Sony Hall on May 10th. In addition to her current history-making turn as Glinda the Good Witch, Johnson's Broadway credits include Les Misérables, Motown, Sunset Boulevard, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, and Kristin Chenoweth: For the Girls.
LINKS OF INTEREST
- Many Broadway theatres to drop vaccine proof requirements April 30th; masking to continue through May
- Whitney and MoMA to stop enforcing masking and vaccination
- Kinky Boots returning this summer, Off-Broadway
- The Museum of Women to open this summer in SoHo
- Candytopia is back April 29th
- New rooftop park opens at Pier 57
- NYC's hottest neighborhood is...midtown?
- Museum of Chinese in America unveils Maya Lin design for new home
- Applications rolling in for state tourism employee grant program
- Europeans plan to vacation and fly at record levels this summer
- Air travel setting records
- Inflation's impact on travel as some airlines report highest ticket sales in their history
CITY GUIDE CONCIERGE AND INFLUENCER EVENTS RETURN
ONE WORLD OBSERVATORY
With tourists returning to the city, City Guide has started up our influencer nights. Over the years, City Guide has introduced thousands of venues and shows to the New York City concierge community and other group buyers and influencers. A recent evening featured concierge and Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) guests at One World Observatory to learn about the attraction and connect over food and drink.
THE MORGAN LIBRARY & MUSEUM
We also were able to bring in a group to check out The Morgan Library & Museum and its current exhibitions, which include Holbein: Capturing Character, Woody Guthrie: People Are the Song, and Gwendolyn Brooks: A Poet’s Work In Community.
There is no substitute for the human touch—concierge make recommendations directly to guests, if your venue could benefit from this exposure please don't hesitate to reach out to City Guide.