Rockefeller Center® 2022 ‘Love at the Center’ Celebration to Feature Flowers, Chocolates, Jewelry, and More This Valentine’s Day
Rockefeller Center today announced its annual “Love at the Center” celebration, offering heart-warming activations and giveaways, as well as limited-edition items and edible treats throughout February. On Valentine’s Day, famed botanical artist Lewis Miller will return with a new iteration of his Flower Flash, decorating a 23-foot, 14,000-pound backhoe on Rockefeller Plaza with an overflow of exquisite flowers. The festivities will continue with a surprise and delight from chocolatier Raaka on the Plaza, and themed activations by Tiffany & Co., including an on-site floral giveaway and the illumination of Rockefeller Center in “Tiffany blue.” Additionally, in partnership with The Salvation Army, the Center will present the Love Beyond Valentine’s Day interactive experience, inspiring guests to perform acts of love for their community.
The following Valentine’s Day-themed activations and offerings will be found throughout Rockefeller Center this month, in addition to a few additional surprises.
- Tiffany & Co. Paints Rockefeller Center Blue, “The Color of Love” (February 13 and February 14) –
Iconic luxury jeweler Tiffany & Co. will present a flower cart at the Center’s Channel Gardens, offering free flowers to guests on February 13 and 14 from 12pm-5pm. 30 Rockefeller Plaza will be lit up in “Tiffany blue” as part of the jeweler’s “Landmarks of Love” campaign, which will illuminate destinations across the country that embody love.
- Flower Flash by Lewis Miller (February 14) - Artist Lewis Miller’s Flower Flash, a botanical takeover of commonly found objects, will return to Rockefeller Center this year. Last year’s Flower Flash featured an ice cream truck decorated with thousands of multi-colored roses, hydrangeas, daffodils, and chrysanthemums. This year, visitors to Rockefeller Center will find a 14,000 pound, 23-foot floral-adorned backhoe on the Plaza, and an additional heart-shaped Flower Flash at Top of the Rock.
- Love Beyond Valentine’s Day with The Salvation Army (February 13 and February 14) – In partnership with The Salvation Army, Rockefeller Center will host Love Beyond Valentine’s Day on the North Plaza, from 10am to 5pm. Visitors can enter the nearly 10-foot tall open-air “gift box,” where they will learn about the heartwarming acts of service and selflessness The Salvation Army proudly provides to communities around the world. Love Beyond Valentine’s Day is free and open to the public. Each guest will have a chance to make an impact on their community with a donation to The Salvation Army at the end of their visit.
Limited-Edition Retail Offerings:
- FAO Schwarz: Plush Husky with red heart-shaped glasses.
- Kate Spade New York: Various heart-shaped products, including totes, clothing and jewelry.
- LEGO: Lego roses kit available.
- NBC Store: NBC Valentine’s Day collection features everything from t-shirts, mugs, blankets and more from your favorite shows.
- Pineider: A carnation included with every purchase from February 9 to February 14.
Special Food & Beverage Offerings:
- Café Grumpy: On February 14, their Rockefeller Center outpost will offer $2 ‘Heartbreaker’ espresso shots, along with ‘Heartbreaker’espresso beans ($14 per bag). In addition to crafted beverage specials such as a Cardamom Rose Latte, Rose Hot Chocolate and Honey Hot Latte, Café Grumpy offers gifting options including a $38 sustainable coffee set and mini jute bags of two 12oz coffee bags.
- City Winery: A special passion fruit mulled wine will be available.
- Dough: Heart-shaped donuts available February 11 to 14 with limited-edition flavors such as Boston cream, hibiscus-glaze, and a cream cheese-filled Red Heart donut topped with cheesecake and red velvet crumbs.
- Lodi: Ignacio Mattos’ new all-day restaurant will serve a Valentine’s Day prix-fixe dinner menu accompanied by aperitivi and classic cocktails, such as their Rockefeller Martini, from their recently launched bar program.
- Magnolia Bakery: Chocolate-covered, strawberry-flavored pudding available.
- Raaka: The chocolatier will offer an in-store floral pop-up with Stems, as well as limited-availability Valentine’s Day flavors and a gift set including Raaka’s new Botanical Collection (Rose Cardamom, Jasmine Mint and Hibiscus Cinnamon). Additionally, Raaka collaborates with fellow Rockefeller Center partner Dough on an exclusive heart-shaped donut featuring Raaka strawberry swirl bars and strawberry white chocolate, available in limited quantities on Valentine’s Day only.
- Additional heart-shaped products, packaging and gift sets are available at La Maison du Chocolat, Sugarfina and Teuscher.
45 Rockefeller Plaza
What do you think?
Dine Beneath the Fireworks This 4th of July at City Cruises
Vinyl Nights at Bella Abzug Park
Thu | 6-9pm
Vinyl Nights is a vibrant outdoor dance party in Bella Abzug Park. Rock with the Mobile Mondays crew and friends and dance to all the classic vinyl hits that shaped NYC club culture. Funk, Soul, Hip H...
Masala Mixtape at 74 Wythe
Come join us for the first ever South Asian Music Festival in NYC. The festival is a celebration of South Asia's diverse culture and creativity. This summer, we finally make space and showcase talent ...